Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Peeps!

It's been years since I've been on an Easter egg hunt (though notoriously a friend had a very fun beer hunt once and POP had a plastic egg hunt--discounts hidden in eggs--at the shop. We were still pulling plastic eggs from pants pockets months later.)  I won't even get into the thought of boiled eggs sitting in the warm grass for hours, dipped in dye and eaten days later. Well, we survived. And survive I did , with a  straw basket teaming with towering bunnies, overlord of the jelly beans and peeps hiding in the green plastic grass.  I dare say, my Easter basket often out ranked my Halloween bag, just in sheer quality over quantity. But beyond the childhood baskets, bonnets and frilly ankle socks, I am still drawn to Easter for it's heralding of Spring, the sheer soft smile of  its pastel palette. So no matter what you celebrate, Easter, Passover, Spring Solstice, or just a love of bunnies and chicks, I bring you a little Spring  inspiration in the form of design and arts and crafts. What's not to love and celebrate  now that Spring has finally sprung!
How to make this handstitched felt bunny here.
Grown up Easter Eggs! How to make Ukranian style eggs here at Designsponge.
I have a print by Black Apple that I love. These are just as divine! Buy them on etsy.

No comments: