Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fashion & Wallpaper?

It's no secret I've got a thing for wallpaper...in small doses.  I used to joke that my mom's house was shrinking from layers upon layers of wallpaper and my dad once had wallpaper on a bathroom ceiling.  No, I'm talking accent walls one wall in the bedroom/living room, foyer/entryway, small doses.  If you're so daring, there are so many more options available stateside than just a few years ago without having to track down some UK exporter (including the paper by Graham and Brown wallpaper I recently put up in my bedroom that I blogged about earlier here).

Noteworthy for you Anglophiles or fashionistas, is the new Vivienne Westwood line for Cole & Son, the 18th Century hand printed wallpaper company. The line is based on signature designs from her fashion collections such as the iconic squiggle print from the Autumn-Winter 81/82 Pirate collection and the more recent Cut-Out Lace from the Spring-Summer 07 collection. There are several designs available, but my favorites are shown above. Available here.

No comments: