Friday, January 1, 2010

Down the rabbit hole


While I wanted nothing more than to stay in bed today nursing my champagne headache and cursing the cocktail I christened the "Le Bon," I had to drag myself to meet my dad for brunch and to fight crowds on 5th Avenue "to see the lights!"  Honestly the crisp air and sun...and a bloody mary, did me good and reflectively, it was a much better note to start this new year on than being hermetically cocooned in bed.  And my reward? These gorgeous windows at Bergdorf Goodman. Stunning.  This year's theme is Curiouser and Curiouser, inspired by the works of Lewis Carroll, author of Alice in Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass.  The detail is amazing.  Those polar bears? Made of fringe! Horse hooves made of artichokes. Who thinks of that? Really need to step it up at POP.  My santa hats are totally not going to cut it next year!









No comments: