Monday, January 11, 2010

I saw you...


I admit I'm not an avid reader of Craig's List's Missed Connections, I'm a bit passed their target demographic. (The only time I've read them in fact was when someone years ago posted one about the "owner of POP" and a girl working at a shop next door pointed it out to me. Hard to miss. It was sweet, but kind of creepy, and I left it at that.) Still, they're fun to read and maybe hold your breathe slightly that the sexy nerd on the L train that you locked eyes with but said nothing, can't get you out of his mind. Inspired by MC, Australian-Brooklyn based artist, Sophie Blackall illustrates the ads. So sweet, hopeful, or sad and beautiful...and you can even own one of your very own from her etsy shop!
In her words:
Every day hundreds of strangers reach out to other strangers on the strength of a glance, a smile or a blue hat. Their messages have the lifespan of a butterfly. I'm trying to pin a few of them down.

No comments: